Relationships take work, but they don’t have to be hard and you don’t have to go it alone.
I spent my teenage years as a closeted queer kid and an Evangelical Christian, so when I came out and started dating, I had a lot of learning (and unlearning to do).
While we’ve made a lot of progress, there still aren’t a lot of positive role models for LGBTQ relationships. Even less so for sub-categories like LGBTQ Christians or open/polyamorous queer relationships.
I went through a lot of trial-and-error (and pain-and-heartbreak) to figure out how to develop a sexual ethic that fits for me (and how to evolve that over time) as well as how to develop healthy relationship habits and structures, practice productive communication, and identify my feelings, needs, and desires — all while unpacking and letting go of shame and self-limiting beliefs.
I tell you all that so that you know: I’ve been there too. But more importantly, I’ve walked alongside others who have been there and I’ve helped them navigate some big decisions, emotional breakthroughs, and rocky roads.
If you’re looking to open your relationship, get clear on your sexual ethic, or have some support as you navigate your own unique relationship challenge or opportunity, I offer practical, supportive relationship coaching.
Together we will get clarity on the values that guide your life in general — and how those can guide your dating, romantic, and/or sexual life. We’ll investigate limiting beliefs around relationships and sexuality that may be holding you back from experiencing abundance and together we’ll develop specific, actionable practices to cultivate a healthy relationship with yourself, your desires, and others.
Why work with a relationship coach? To…
- Define a sexual and relationship ethic
- Create a plan to open an existing relationship (and work through issues that arise as a result)
- Navigate a new or evolving relationship (needs, desires, relationship styles, labels, all that jazz)
- Identify relationship structures that work for you
- Work through and unlearn sex-negativity and slut-shaming
- Unpack shame around your sexuality and your desires
- Identify religious messages about “proper” sexuality, relationship types, structures, etc, how they’re helping and/or hindering you, and decide what your values are
- Practice healthy, nonviolent communication
- Develop supportive personal and couples/triad/multiperson-relationship practices
Ready to make a change? Or maybe you’ve got cold feet?
Relationship coaching is sorta like a relationship: chemistry matters. Before you commit, let’s see if we’ve got any. To start things offer, you can sign-up for a free, 25-minute consulting session to go over your coaching goals, see if we’re a good fit, and identify some areas where we might work together.
We’ll put everything that you might want to work through on the table and then we’ll prioritize where to begin to make the most impact right away.
Over the course of this session, and during subsequent sessions, we’ll begin to dig into areas of both resistance and excitement (we’re gonna work through the stuff that scares you and the stuff that you are super fired up to jump in to!).
Benefits of coaching
- Clarity on your feelings, needs, and desires
- An outside, objective perspective
- A patient and gracious listener
- Space to express your truest self
I’m committed to sustainable, long-lasting change, not “quick fixes” that don’t really help…
…which is why packages start at six 45-minute sessions. The first three are weekly and the second three can either be weekly or every other week. Once you complete six sessions, you can schedule sessions a one-off basis or get preferential scheduling and a discount by committing to a four (or more) sessions.
Ready to dive in?
Apply now for your free relationship coaching consultation session. If we’re a good fit, I’ll share with you info on how to schedule your next sessions. If you have any questions, drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org